Thursday, October 22, 2009

Today I became a dad, officially.

From the first day we brought our son into our lives, he has always said "Ga" pronounced like the "a" in again. We initially thought it might have some Cantonese significance but Jack, our tour guide, said "it's just a baby sound" in a "are you people stupid?" kind of way.

Anyway, after a few weeks of me saying "dad" constantly, he finally said "Da" sometimes even "da-da".

Then, everything became "Da". It was Da this Da that, even the dog became Da. So, I started on Mum.

He went back to "Ga" shortly thereafter but pronounced it differently. It became "Ga" with the "a" pronounced like in "Aspect".

He knows what a "sock" is (and has for sometime) and today I established he knows what "cookie" is.

Today he went back to "Da" but directed at me, if I didn't respond, it was "Dada" and then add numerous exclamation marks if I didn't respond quickly enough.

A mixed blessing really, warms the cockles of my heart to once again hear a baby calling me when it needs something, but c'mon kid, it's not all about you.

Wrapped around his little finger, that's where I am.

1 comment:

French Village said...

Cool Tony! We're waiting for Mae to say something we understand...I'm sure it will be a swear word!.

Take care,
Mike