Monday, September 28, 2009

Mondays

Mondays are our "Sign Language class" day.

More for something to do really, but fun nonetheless.

The first time (last week) he didn't want to leave me. We sit on the floor on what, I presume, are yoga mats. It was the first time he'd been in a room with lots of other kids since he left the orphanage, he wasn't sure what was going on so wouldn't relax his vice-like grip on my fingers, which makes it somewhat difficult to sign for both me and him.

He relaxed towards the end of the class but never went more than an arms length away.

This week, a little fella came over and poked Tanner in the eye which encouraged T. to move around. I think more because he was an easy target sitting stationary than anything else.

I'm hoping that he will make some friends so that we have other kids to hang out with, we'll see how that goes.

This afternoon we went to Costco, only because he likes it sooooo much. I'm getting reasonably good with remembering all the stuff I need for him but unfortunately not so good with me.




He really doesn't like the car seat and starts to complain after the first ten minutes. So he was pretty miserable by the time we got to Costco. Loaded him into a cart and off we go.

For those of you that have never been to Costco (if you've never been to Costco you must be living in a cave, would not have a computer and, therefore, would not be reading this) you have to have a membership card which you show at the door.

Bugger, no wallet.

Well I'm not putting him back in the car seat now. So we window shopped for 45 minutes. We were both okay with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha - I should donate my body to science, since I have never been in a Costco store!

What class were you at this morning?

--Teresa

geminirn said...

To cute,hey you can certainly save alot of money this way..he he!

oh by the way what a cutie pie little Tanner is...love that big smile.

Anonymous said...

Carole just gave me your blog link. CONGRATULATIONS on your family addition :) That sure took a long time as I'm here in Kamloops almost 2 years already. You must be so thrilled.

Corrina (ex-BIV co-worker lol)