Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sunday August 30th

Sunday August 30th

Well, today’s the day that trace had to leave us.
But before she left we needed to get some supplies so we toddled off to Walmart to buy some essential goodies and another stroller. As my mum always said “son, you can never have enough strollers”. She never said that really. In England they’re called pushchairs.

Fridge stocked and formula supply replenished we bade Tracy a fond farewell.

It was pretty sad for both of us as the door closed behind her. One of us knew we wouldn’t see her for a week and the other didn’t know if she was ever coming back.

But onward and upward. We soldiered on and went for a walk.
200 yards. I had forgotten the hot water so back we went.
Off again.
400 yards. No blanket in sight (a little white towel that normally is no more than an arms reach away). I thought I’d left it in the room but a bell boy caught me at the elevator. Tanner had launched it from the stroller at the first opportunity.
That’s it here we go.
600 yards. Sod it. He should probably be wearing sunscreen.

Success! 4th attempt but we made it. I hope I fare better for the rest of the week.

He kept checking the door for the rest of the evening.

No comments: